Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cover Up and Wear Your Sunscreen!

Or "SunScream" as my 11teen yr old used to call it when he was small.  After 40+ yrs of surfing, sailing and living on the beach I went back to the dermatologist yesterday with my wife.  Oddly,she had noticed a growth on her forehead and wanted it checked, it worried me so I went with her.  When we arrived I asked if the Doc could see me as well as it had been nearly 10yrs since I had been in -bad advice when you hang out on the beach all the time like I try to.  B4 he saw my lovely wife he saw me.  Additionally, B4 he saw my wife he had carved two big hunks out of my back and shoulder and frozen another 5-7 spots on my back, cheek and nose.  YIKES!  None of them were of a big concern to the Doc but the pathologist will tell for sure. 

Point being!  WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN and be careful! 

Another tool I started using a few yrs ago are UV/SPF shirts or rash guards.  I have some long sleeve tshirt type UV/SPF shirts that I wear sailing, paddling and surfing these days.  So as we enter summer here is my first piece of advice! Take care of yourself and your family!
PS-this is the more tame of the photos! He dug down about 1/4" or more and I could feel him carving me up!
YIKESYIKES
PSS- Wifey is fine!
Shirts I like are by two friends of mine in this biz - Mark M @ DryShirt  http://www.dryshirt.com/
And Marc S. @ http://victorykd.com/ Victory Wetsuits


Kevin Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment