Monday, May 10, 2010

Follow up on Amazon selling wine

While the article I posted below is not new it is something I just heard about.  The point about backing out because of having to have brick and mortar in California is very interesting to me.  While I don't think I would have ever been a wine buyer from Amazon-I really enjoy supporting my local wine merchants and appreciate what they do- I am concerned with WHY they pulled out. 

I live in California and am watching this state go deeper and deeper in debt with taxes being considered for everything.  That said-it makes me really start to wonder how the state may start to take advantage of our WONDERFUL wine regions and wineries to help with the budget problems.  With Napa/Sonoma AVA's making world class wines and our Central Coast and Santa Barbara/Santa Inez AVAs following right behind I sure hope the state leaves them alone and lets the growth help organically vs. stifling them.

Not a worry yet but some food for thought!  What do you think?
Leave me your thoughts
kevin l brown

No comments:

Post a Comment